Monday 7 December 2009

Whiff of Joy and Sugar Bowl Challenges

Good Evening all!!
Another couple of cards to share with you... and yep, they are Christmas ones!
First up is my entry into this weeks WHIFF OF JOY challenge.
Margas sketch is fantastic.... but I tried to be a bit too clever with it, and I'm not entirely sure i've pulled it off! the more I tried to fix it the more I strayed from the layout! but I'm using 'artistic licence' on this one, and if you squint your eyes a bit the sketch is there!! I promise!

Heres my card....

I've again used this beautiful stamp in a different way to make it fit christmas.... I love how it looks like she is catching the snowflake...
heres a close up of the details...

Stuff: Fall Willow Whiff of Joy
Coloured with promarkers and pencils

papers DCWV and BG

ribbon stampin up

**********************************
Next is my entry for the current Sugar bowl challenge which is another amazing sketch from Lilian.
There is a 'please include' option which is to use your favourite colour... now the trickiest part of this challenge was deciding on my favourite colour!!
I do love to use brown alot...and I'm always out of Brown papers before anything else, so I think its brown!!
I teamed it with red to make it a little more christmassy....

Heres my card...

Heres a close up of the details... can't believe how glittery i've become...I NEVER used to use glitter on cards!!!
stuff: Miss Clause Sugar nellie
Colored with promarkers and pencils
Papers BG mix of scraps
brads all MM
sentiment computer generated.

well thats another 2 down... if I continue at this pace I'll be done by erm...... march!
Thanks for popping over today!
Paula xxxx

8 comments:

Ria said...

Oh WOW they are both gorgeous paula :) But the Sugarbowl one is my fav ;) Love the sentiment :) PLease send it to your DT ;) hahahaahahah
hugss Ria

Lilian said...

Your cards are just stunning! Love the colors and details. You can never have too much bling on Christmas I think. ;)
Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a wonderful day!

Leigh said...

Both of your cards are beautiful Paula. Love your colouring and embellishments.

Rosalee said...

Beautiful Cards Paula. Fantastic job of the challenges.
XXX Rosalee

susan said...

I agree with Ria. These are both beautiful. I love the second one because of all the glitter around the edge of the circle. I would not usually think of using brown on a Christmas card but you have shown how to do it beautifully. Great work! How many do you have left to make now? LOL! Keep them coming! I love looking at them.

Unknown said...

Bellissimo!

Both stunning cards honey, especially the Whiff of Joy catching the snowflake...very cleaver! : )
i can see the sketch too!
love emma xxx

Ali Watson said...

Simply beautiful creations love them both however your WoJ is stunning, love it.

Becky said...

Wow Paula! You are on a right roll!! I have to say I love brown too and love it combined with the red, I don't often use this colour combo so thanks for the inspiration!
Hope you get all your cards done soon, they are all so beautiful and it's great to see you using lots of glitter too!
Love Becky xx