Saturday 6 August 2011

Sketch Saturday #167 Terrys Sketch... and some EXCITING News...

Good morning, good morning, good morning!!
YES, I think there was a call for 3!

I have THE most exciting news to share today!
Did you see the new logo over in my sidebar?
Go on... have a look--------------->
YEP!...I've been picked to be a Guest Designer for Simply Sassy!!

This really is a big deal for me... and I'm SO, SO stunned, honoured and grateful to have been asked!!!
Whoooohoooooo!!! 
I've just fallen head over heals (and back again) in LURVE with the Simply Sassy stamps, and am so excited to be able to play with more!!!

Right, that's my news! on with some cardage...
This week over at Sketch Saturday, Jo is taking her monthly break, and Terry has provided us with a BRILLIANT Sketch...

Here's my card following it...

The Gorgeous Stamp is 'little light of mine' from Simply Sassy
I actually won this stamp a couple of weeks ago!

I've coloured her with promarkers and pencils...
The papers are Echo Park Victoria Gardens and a few odd scraps...
The mesh fabric was from my scrap clothes bag...
I've cut a frame and some swirls from Kraft using a Marianne creatables die...
Flowers are from my stash... and doodles are from my own fair hand ;)


This card isn't as colourful as you are used to from me... somehow I didnt think too much colour worked with the image... and I've had these yummy papers sitting on my desk looking at me for well over a week now :)

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges...
Colour Create - Pink, Green and White
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
 ABC Challenge - A is For Auburn

Well thats me for today... I'll be back tomorrow :)

Thanks for visiting!
Paula xx

14 comments:

Fiona said...

wow Paula...this is gorgeous!! You so deserve your spot on the simply Sassy team...love your cards!!

Fi
x

Maria Therese said...

Goooooooooooregous sweetie ♥♥

Joey said...

Congratulations Hun you deserve it and this card is stunning! I love those colours together muchly. Joey x

Jilli said...

Well, I think its perfect the way it is. No need for more colour in my opinion. Loving the papers and the cute image too. Fab colouring and i love what you did with Terry's sketch. Hugs Jillix

Jilli said...

Oh and congratulations ! x

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful card, Paula, I love your colouring! really gorgeous!
hugs, Alina

Faye said...

I think the soft colours on this are lovely. What am I saying, I think the whole thing is lovely! And flipiin' well done on your totally deserved GD Spot. :)
xxx

Louise said...

Well done you on being guest designer well deserved your cards are stunning.
Louise xx

Mary J said...

Another stunning creation Paula! Gorgeous flowers!

ChickieChirps said...

This is just beautiful Paula! You totally deserve that GDT position!

Silly me only just realised you had another blog other than the Pollycraft one... doh!

I'll be back!

Arabella

Jo said...

It's perfect as it is, the softer colours are just scrummy.
As always, the image is coloured to perfection.
HUGE congrats to you hunni, thoroughly deserved too, your cards are always awesome.
Jo xx

Unknown said...

What a fantastic card! Just love the soft colors and the lovely image! A BIG congrats on your GD!!! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Kathy D. said...

Congratulations!! That is one cute stamp so I can see why you are excited. love how you framed her with the swirl frame.
Thanks for going Auburn with us at The ABC Challenge.

Mina said...

stunning card Paula, beautifully coloured...thanks for joining in with our Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx